Calvary Orthodox Presbyterian Church is a body of Christ followers that strive to love God and to love others. We hope that you will feel welcomed as you come and worship with us.
When are your Worship Services and Sunday School times?
- We offer Sunday school classes for both children and adults.
- We have two different Sunday services with Christ-centered, gospel-driven Sermons. Service times are 10:15am and 6:00pm.
Are you a part of a denomination?
- We are a local congregation of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, a denomination that celebrates Christ’s work in our lives through the reformed faith. The reformed faith teaches:
- Man’s chief and highest end is to glorify God, and fully to enjoy him forever.
- The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the Word of God, the only rule of faith and obedience.
- The Holy Triune God. One God in three persons, the Father, the Son (Christ Jesus) who is begotten of the Father, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds from both the Father and the Son from all eternity.
- Salvation comes only through faith in Christ Jesus and wholly by the grace of God.
- Salvation is seen through a life of faithful obedience and repentance of sin unto life.
- See more…
What is the preaching like?
- We, as a church, are first and foremost concerned with being Bible-driven and Christ-centric. The life and ministry of Christ Jesus, His revelation through all of scripture, His atoning sacrifice on the cross, and His resurrection and victory over death, as revealed by the Word of God, is the focus of our preaching.
What is the music like?
- We sing hymns and psalms found in the Red Trinity Hymnal and the Trinity Psalter Hymnal. Most weeks we use an organ and piano, but we have been accompanied by other instruments on occasion.
Do you have communion?
- Yes. We typically celebrate the Lord’s Supper during the morning worship service on every third Sunday of the month.
What is the fellowship like at Calvary?
- In addition to opening up our homes to each other, we meet for a fellowship (pot-luck) meal following the morning worship service on every first Sunday of each month. We also try to meet regularly for fellowship nights (dinners, games, movies, trivia, etc…) at the church.
What programs do you have for children and teens?
- We have Sunday school classes for all ages. Our covenant children participate in most of our fellowship activities, including dinners, picnics, game nights, and movie nights.
Do you have a Vacation Bible School?
- Yes. We hope to host a VBS at the church during each summer season.
What programs do you have for adults?
- Sunday School (9:00am)
- Weekly Wednesday night prayer meeting and bible study at the church (7:00pm)
- Monthly Book Club Fellowship: We are currently reading Herman Bavinck’s ‘The Wonderful Works of God’ (Westminster Seminary Press. 2019). For information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What translation of the Bible do you use?
- The translation in our pews is the New International Version (NIV), but we typically preach and teach from the English Standard Version (ESV).
Coming to Calvary
Where are you located?
- In Middletown, Pennsylvania at the corner of Spruce and Emaus Streets. Our formal address is:
Where can I park?
- We have a parking lot located off of Wayne Avenue which can be accessed from either Spruce or Race Streets. There is also ample street parking on Spruce and Emaus.
Where do I enter?
- Our church building has several entrances. The original main entrance of the church, located up the stairs off of Spruce Street, is NOT a usable entrance and is kept locked. We have two primary entrances that we use. One is located off the inner courtyard at the intersection of Spruce and Emaus Streets, and the other is located off the parking lot located on Wayne Avenue.
Is the church handicap accessible?
- We do offer stair chair lifts inside of our parking lot entrance for individuals who have difficulty with steps as well as handicap reserved parking near the Wayne Avenue entrance. There is also handicap accessible restroom near the sanctuary. Unfortunately we do not have a ramp or elevator, so we are not fully handicap accessible.